Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Covers of Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
 
This week is actually a freebie week, and since I missed last week (and the week or two before that...) I decided to use last week's topic. So here they are...
 
My Top Ten Book Covers of Books I've Read:
 
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
So gorgeous. Plus, it's actually a scene from the book. I LOVE that. Goodness, I can't wait for The Redemption. The ending to this one still has me hyperventilating. KAAAYDEEEEEN!
 
Maybe
Maybe by Brent Runyon
I read this book back in middle school, and it has stuck in my mind ever since. And that cover...it just sticks right along with it, you know? The...mood? Feeling? Whatever you want to call it, displayed in the cover is DEAD ON for the book. So perfect.
 
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) 
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Oh, yeah. I forgot to say--I'm not doing these in any particular order. So I'm going to tell you--THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK COVER EVER. I am so happy I own it in a physical copy and everything. It's just so fabulous and pretty and perfect and awesome. If I weren't to be so lazy, I'd go grab it from my room and see who designed it, but since I am, I'll just say that major props go to whomever it was that made this cover for this book. I can't imagine anything better.
 
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) 
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
All of the covers for this trilogy actually belong on this list, but I'm choosing to only do one per series. And I chose this one because...it's blue? I guess. I don't know. Because this book is the one with the lyrics to Sam's Summer Girl song? It's the first book that drew me into the awesomeness that is Mercy Falls AND Maggie Stiefvater? Sounds good to me.
 
OH! And Maggie's going to be at Austin Teen Book Festival this year. YEEEES!
 
Pure (Covenant, #2) 
Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This is another one where all the covers of this series belong on this list. But again, I'm only choosing one. Why this one? I LOVE this flower. Possibly more than the others. POSSIBLY. Plus, this is the one where Seth was so...worthy of my admiration. I hope he becomes worthy again.
 
Stolen
Stolen by Lucy Christopher
This cover...it's so simple, but so perfect. And just looking at it makes me CRY. Because this book made me cry. Ty is so freaking great...GOD, GEMMA, I THINK I HATE YOU. But I don't because I get you. But I do because...Ty...ahhhhhhh.
 
If you haven't read Stolen, I suggest you do. It is full of emotional turmoil, but is also worth every moment of it.
 
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
THIS IS MY FAVORITEST BOOK EVER. I am so serious right now. And this cover? Ha, it is perfect. Looking at it before you read it, you're all like "Um, what?" But then you read it and you actually LOOK at the cover and you just GET it. And by all those "you" statements, I was describing me.
 
If you haven't read this book, DO IT, or we can't be friends anymore.
 
(I'm totally kidding.) (But not really. Read this book.) (Ha! I kid, I kid.)
 
(READ IT.)
 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This is another one of those covers that just fits the book so perfectly. This cover IS a wallflower. Goodness. Also, I love this book. I JUST saw the movie about a week ago, actually. The ending was so amazing, I have no words.
 
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This trilogy has some of the BEST covers ever. They are so beautiful and mysterious, which we all know--if you've read any of these books--is exactly what we find within the pages. I probably would have put the cover for The Evolution on this list instead, but I haven't...um...read it yet. I have it, though! I'm hoping to get to it this summer. Then I'll be caught up for The Retribution in the fall. WOOT!
 
Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) 
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
This cover is so simple, yet so perfect. I've said that a lot in this post, but I've honestly meant it every time. Sarah from Okay Creations ALWAYS makes the most gorgeous covers, and this one is no exception. This book is also one of my favorites and Holder is one of my favorite book boys of all time. Seriously. I plan on making an official list for y'all sometime soon. Spoiler alert: Holder's on it.
 
Oh, and is anyone else completely excited for Losing Hope? That cover is just as amazing, and I can't wait to actually get to read the words inside!
 
And...that's ten! Obviously, there are SO. MANY. More gorgeous and perfect covers out there, but from books that I've read these are my top ten favorite so far. As I read more and as more covers are reveals/changed, I have no doubt my list will change. That's life.
 
Now, tell me:
 
What are some of YOUR favorite covers?
 
Do any of your favorites match mine?
 
If you do Top Ten Tuesday, which topic did you choose this week? Link me up!
 
♥Jessica(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!