Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Books I've Read in 2014 So Far

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year


Scary Modsters...and Creepy Freaks by Diane Rinella: This book was so fun and quirky. I had a darn good time reading it, and with all that unique feel mixed with Diane's fabulous writing, this book was absolutely fantastic.

Stir Me Up by Sabrina Elkins: A sweet romance, a soldier, and a little twist that sets it apart from other books like it. I flew through this book and cannot WAIT for the next book by Sabrina Elkins. I also love how this book rides the line between YA and NA. It has a theme that gives off a NA vibe (to me, anyway), but the MC is still in high school. I just really want to cuddle this book.

Rome by Jay Crownover: It's not a secret that I heart me some Jay Crownover. I mean, I WAS Rule's advocate in the NA Crush Tourney last year. So the fact that Rome is my new fav Marked Men book is kind of a significant fact. I loved this one, and Rome and Cora were just great. SO GREAT, Y'ALL.

Be with Me by J. Lynn: I fell in love with Jase in the first chapter. The first. Effing. Chapter. Yeah, he ticked me off throughout the story, but my love was established early on so I was a fan of him, and I really liked Tess, and this book was completely up my alley. As are all of JLA's books.

King Cave by Scarlett Dawn: We remember that huge crush I had on Ezra, yes? Well, that crush has now exploded into something I don't even have a word for, thanks to this book. This was the first book I read this year and it was the PERFECT read to kick off a year of great books. I loved it and even though this one was quite long, it felt way too short. Remind me, when does King Tomb come out again?

A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris: I highly enjoyed My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century and I was expecting to go in and like this one the same way. Then I actually picked it up and NOPE. I loved this one sooooo much more, which baffles me since I had such a great time with the first one. But it happened and I loved it and this book makes me feel so happy!

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck: Tigers (tiger SHIFTERS, no less) and romance. Need I say more? I think not.

Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg: A cute story about friends growing into more and the struggles and accompany that process. This one was dual POV, which is something I adore, and I loved how this one started from when the two MCs met, instead of just jumping into their relationship and trying to catch us up to speed with explanations and whatnot. I fell for Levi and his realistically adorable tendencies and Macallan (dear god please tell me I spelled that right) with her stubborn need to stand up for others. These two characters were so perfect for each other and I ADORED their story so much.

The Warrior by Victoria Scott: Oh, Dante. Trust Victoria Scott to give us an ending like this. It was so magnificent, I just...I can't even. I laughed (because Dante's a hoot, as is Max and I mean...fanny packs), I cried (because REASONS), and I freaking loved this book. Whenever anyone asks me which book in this trilogy is my favorite, I'm always floored because I'm not sure. It's a tie between the first one and this one. Because this one is so kickass and such a phenomenal ending. I honestly can't imagine a better ending for Dante Walker and his people. POW!

Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine: My favorite New Adult book! I felt so many things while reading this book. At one point, I legit hated it. But then I reached a point (30something percent through, if I'm not mistaken) and I realized how much I loved this book. The characters were so raw and I really enjoyed watching them work through their issues while trying to deal with each other at the same time. It was hard for them, and that made it even more wonderful when they finally found it, you know? Their own new little normal. Goodness, I love this book so hard.

What are your favorite books you've read so far this year? Have you read any of mine? Are there any books that aren't on this list that I NEED to have in my life ASAP?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!