Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HOW TO RUIN my poor heart♥




Hey, everybody! So, I sadly finished reading How To Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation by Simone Elkeles. This is the third How To Ruin book, so if you haven't read the first two, I STRONGLY suggest you do, like, now. Before I start talking, I'll show you the cover(s). . .
NOW you understand why I said "coverS," right? I read the one on the left. I checked it out from my library and I am so happy/unhappy that I did. I'm happy because I got to read it and unhappy because now I've read it, but I don't own it. What a dilemma. . . Now on to the actual review!

I love love love love love love love love love love love love love this book. (I think y'all get the point now - I LOVE this book.) It was funny, it was sweet, it was deep, it was AMAZING. This is the kind of book that will have you laughing one second and wanting to cover your eyes the next. (I'm serious. I wanted to cover my eyes as I read this one, some things were just THAT. . .whoa, you know?) Yet again in this series, Simone has crafted an utterly beautiful story that will make you grin and want to slap somebody - in my case at least, but I promise no one was harmed in the reading of this book.

So, what is this book about? Amy goes on yet another adventure. What makes this adventure special? Why, Friends, Amy is going to boot camp! I am serious. She is going to boot camp in Israel because. . . you guessed it! She wants to see Avi. Honestly, no one can blame her for that. Avi = IDEAL MALE SPECIMEN. Then, of course, Amy gets into trouble and whatnot at the base she is being boot-camped at. (Yeah, probably not an actual verb, but hey, I'm creative.) Out of all three of these How To Ruin books, I do not think I even have a favorite. They are all equally stunning.

Now 'tis character rundown time!!!!!! Okay, you ready? First we have Amy. The most confident girl anyone could ever meet. A total city girl, who is lucky enough to have Avi as a boyfriend. She is a super emotional drama queen who has more guts than I could ever wish to have. I personally like her, though there were a lot of times throughout this book where I was practically yelling at her because she does some things that most people probably wouldn't do. And that's another great thing about her. Next, we have the most gorgeous Avi - OH AVI. Avi is so wonderful, I must say it again - OH AVI. He is a soldier in Israel who has problems with expressing emotions - but really, what guy doesn't? - and has just as much confidence as Amy. He fights for what he loves without hesitation and doesn't give what he cares about up easily. While he may seem like the rock-hard serious soldier-guy, he's really just a big sweetheart. And that makes me LOVE him. Honestly, I think I'm in love with him. Whew.

Now, I have to comment on the romance in this book. There is bunches. It is amazing. Not insane or anything, but super-satisfactory. It's mixed in very well with the other happenings in the story. Plues, there is more depth to the story than just Amy&Avi being the cutest couple EVER. There is regular friend drama, there is Amy's strong Jewish faith, there is Amy's lovely grandmother. None of this might make any sense to you right now, but READ THIS BOOK, and you'll get it, I promise.

As for the ending. The ending made me want to cry. Not because of any particular ending-thing, but because the book was over. This is the last How To Ruin book out, and as far as I know there are no plans for another one. I wish there were! But there aren't So now I shall be heartbroken and miss Avi forever and ever. Other than that, though, the ending wasn't bad, so don't worry. A wee bit abrupt, considering what happens just before the book ends, but all right.

Before I give my rating, I want to say something. This book tugged at my heart in the sweetest, cutest way. Truly. Amy and Avi are such a loveable couple. Their adventures always bring laughter and smiles with them, though some drama always ensues to complicate things. That's all right, though, because in the end, all that ever matters is known, and they believe in it. I've just been thinking of saying this as I read the book, so I had to tell you before I forgot :) On that note, I rate this book 5/5 stars (of course). If I could, I may have even rated it 6 or 7/5, but Goodreads (<--- yes, a link to friend me on Goodreads!) does not offer that option ;) I strongly suggest you check out these How To Ruin books. If you don't, I promise you, you're really missing something. THANK YOU, SIMONE ELKELES for writing about Avi and Amy (to behonest, mostly Avi, but Amy WAS important too. . .) and creating these wonderful stories. There may not be any plans for another one of these books right now, but I seriously hope that someday we get another story with the cutest couple EVER.

So, my blog Friends, I will leave you with a quick update: I am currently reading Hades by Alexandra Adornetto. I'm not sure when the review for that will be up, but I'd probably say this weekend at the latest. I have a four day weekend because of Easter, so. . . ;)

Thank y'll for reading my post! Remember to FOLLOW, too! Trust me, it'll pay off.

Until next post, Friends!

♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. Amy's sometimes annoy me a lot but I also love her big time. I enjoyed reading the whole series. Simone never fails to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!