Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: Entangled Dreams by Carmen DeSousa

Entangled Dreams by Carmen DeSousa
Release Date: November 14, 2013
Format: Paperback, 266 pages
Publisher: 5 Prince Publishing
Source: Author

Description from Goodreads:
When Alexandra Nicole was eight, she thought she was a princess in a fairytale. But after a tragic accident shatters her magical life, she finds herself in a cold and heartless reality.

As an adult, she once again faces harsh truths and decides to take control of her life. Unfortunately, choices have a way of entangling her dreams and pushing her down a dark and dismal path.

Alexandra must trust her instincts to escape danger, but be able to surrender all to find her happily ever after. Knowing how to decipher the difference, will be her toughest challenge.


Carmen DeSousa is one of my favorite authors. So of course I was incredibly happy when I got this book in the mail. Having loved Carmen's first two books (they are truly terrific), I was so ecstatic to jump into this one. And I expected to love it. Which I did.

I love this book so much. It just may be my favorite book by Carmen DeSousa. I'm not sure. If it's not, then it's definitely tied with Land of the Noonday Sun. Either way, this book was great. It's different from Carmen's usual stories, but still portrays her wonderful writing style and loads of sweet moments that make me feel happy inside.

Character Rundown:
Alexandra: This girl knows what's up. She doesn't sit around and whine or look to others to solve her problem. No, sir. She handles them herself. This said, she also knows when to ask for help. When there truly is no better option. I admire this trait in her character.

Cameron: I love him! He does what he has to do, but doesn't go looking for trouble. He's strong and stable and such a great person. A complete sweetheart, this guy. <3 He's also not perfect. And he has secrets. I liked the fact that he was mysterious without being stereotypical mysterious. He comes across as such an open book at first. ;)

Romance. Cameron is so perfect for Alexandra, it only makes sense that they would be the adorable couple that they are. Goodness, they are not perfect people, but when all is said and done, they are perfect for each other. I was rooting for them from the moment they met!

Plot. Not a big twisted mystery like Carmen usually writes, but a darn great love story and I enjoyed every second of it. The surprise in this book lies more in the secrets we uncover than the who-done-it. Personally, I am okay with that. Heck, I am more than okay with that. Have I MENTIONED that I love this book?

The ending. Well, you see, first there was just a lot of ohmygosh ohmygsoh ohmygosh. Then were was a big, huge AWWWWWWWWWW! No cliffhanger or anything and everything wrapped up in a way that made me grin so wide.

Overall, yet another AMAZING book by Carmen DeSousa. A beautiful love story that I never wanted to end. I seriously cannot wait for Carmen's next book!!

♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a good book! I'll keep a lookout for this. Thanks for sharing!

    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!