Sunday, February 3, 2013

What I Got #24 ♥ An EPIC Day

What I Got is a weekly meme hosted by Monica over at Cover Analysis :) 
 
I was (and still am) not completely sure about posting this today. I should probably skip this week and just post next week. But...meh. I'll explain later in this post. Heh.
 
For Review:
Tight Knit by Allie Brennan
This book looked so cute and when Allie sent it to me, there was so much happy-dancing. And, um, yeah, guys. I already read it. AND IT IS SO GREAT!!!! There will most likely be a review sometime this week. You know, once I sit my happy booty down and WRITE IT. Heh.
Thanks so much to Allie for sending this to me! Undying love, I tell you!!!
 
Dissension by Adrienne Monson
This book looked cool and I'm so happy the nice people at Jolly Fish Press sent it to me. Thank y'all so much!!
 
Pitch Green by The Brothers Washburn
Apparently this book is classified as YA horror and that is not something I read a lot of. So I'm supser excited to read this! It looks so gooood! Thanks again to Jolly Fish Press for sending me an ARC of this!
 
Gifted:
Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway
I have wanted this book for so long now! I'm all kinds of excited to read it. *squee!* Thanks so, so much to Michelle from The Passionate Bookworm. You're awesome!
 
Montgomery County Book Festival
You see, this is where I run into a problem. Because I got A LOT of stuff at this book festival. I mean, only two books, but I also got a hella lot of swag and there was stuff with Victoria Scott (whom I love with all my heart, by the way) and just...yeah. And I need to take pictures of all this stuff for y'all to SEE. But I am not in the picture-taking mood. I am tired. This book festival was AALLL the way in Houston. Which is something of a long drive from my place near Austin.
 
So what I'm gonna do is tell y'all about the books I got (and how Lisa McMann now LOVES ME) and then I'll probably/most likely/pfft, I WILL make a seperate post that shall be MCBF pics galore. Okay? Okay.
 
So, the books I got!
 
Dead to You by Lisa McMann
There were these bag-thingies with free books inside. This was one of them. And I have wanted to read this book for a while now but never worked up the courage to actually grab it from the library. Yeah, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm a wimp. Unless someone's trying to snag the copy of THE COLLECTOR that was clearly meant for me. Then shiz gets real. BUT ANYWAY, now I have a signed copy! AHH!
 
Crash by Lisa McMann
I've had my eye on this book ever since it started showing up in other people's WoW posts. Then I went to this book festival and heard Lisa talking about a truck with two meatballs in top and...well, I was sold. It also helps that is was in the cool bag that also contained Dead to You. Also, Lisa McMann loves me. Because I am a rebel. So yeah. *more squee!!*
 
Now, because I HAVE to do this, a picture of me and Victoria Scott.
 
 
AREN'T WE GORGEOUS?
 
Hehe, I was too busy freaking out over the fact that
a) I WAS HOLDING A COPY OF THE COLLECTOR IN MY HANDS!!!
and
b) I WAS STANDING NEXT TO THE AMAZEBALLS V SCOTT
to care much about what I looked like. *spazzes*
 
I die, you guys. I die.
 
**Oh, and before nine milliona nd a half people start flipping out, I was JUST holding this copy. I do not own it. I did spend some time cuddling with it, but then I [had to] give it back to V.**
 
Anyhoo, I'll get more in-depth about the festival in my post, but I should say this now--I've announced myself as the V Scott super fan. Because I heart her that much. And her face. I heart that, too.
 
One more thing. Which is totally not book-related, but makes me smile. See that red bow in V's head? (kinda hard, I know, but let me tell you that it was so flipping cute!!!) I am currently wearing it. And I now own it. And I am still spazzing.
 
Okay, long post that was about more than it should have been is now over. I shall tell more later!! In my post. Which I will make. Sometime. Ideally, this will be soon. Okay? Okay.
 
What did YOU get this week? Do anything super cool while getting your bookish goodness? (Book signings, festivals, etc.) LET ME KNOW, FRIENDS.
 
♥Jessica(:
 

7 comments:

  1. The book festival sounds great! I'm happy to hear you had a lovely time there :) The books you got look good, happy reading :D

    Haul from Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I love the horror ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so stressing with post office, after 3 months my books (15 books) still had not come, I don't know where my books gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. All book was great, love this post.
    This week i buy books and i still haven't read them, sill busy with work. I was hope i can read them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I know about the book festival I plan on going next year, you got some pretty great books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I want the books by Lisa McMann. Hope you enjoy all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!