Thursday, September 12, 2013

Review: Wait For You by J. Lynn♥

Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)

Wait For You by J. Lynn
Release Date: February 26, 2013
Format: ebook, 332 pages
Publisher: Avon
Series: Wait For You #1
Source: Edelweiss

Description from Goodreads:
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…


How do I explain how I feel about Wait For You? Because I'm seriously not sure about this right now. First and foremost I should tell you this: it was awesome. But that's a vague statement. WHY is this story so awesome?

First, the characters. Jen's writing is wonderful, but I love her characters the very most, and Wait For You was no exception. Avery was somewhat annoying to me in the sense that she spent so much time running from everything. She didn't face things and that bothered me, especially when it affected her relationships with people. A certain person in particular, actually. Hehe. But other than that, I liked Avery more and more as the story went on and I learned more about her. Then I understood her better and her decisions didn't grate on me as much. CAM. Then there is Cam. Just thinking about Cam right now makes me giggle. He is kind and funny and I want him to be real so I can touch him. I mean...heh. He bakes cookies and has a pet turtle named Raphael. I swear, JLA writes some of the best guys. Other than our two main characters, there are supporting characters that I enjoyed so much. They were amusing, and I always like seeing interactions with friends. Couple-y things are fantastic! But it's nice to see regular interactions with other people, too. Oh, and I'm talking both Cam AND Avery's friends here. I liked them all.

But my love for this book goes beyond the characters, obviously. The writing. I don't know how Jen does it. I'm thinking it's some supernatural-type explanation because really. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? She writes the best dialogue, she writes the best kissy scenes, she writes the best awkward scenes, she write the best... I actually have a long list of this in my head right now, but I'm guessing you get my point. Her writing pulls you in and keeps you there with a freaking chokehold or something. But it's the most lovely chokehold that ever existed.

The story. Honestly, not much surprised me about this book. I knew what Avery's secret was and it wasn't incredibly difficult to guess what Cam's issues were. This is one of those cases, though, where that doesn't matter. Because the story is written well and the situations are still so incredibly interesting. Plus, Cam and Avery's story is super sweet, even with the heavy topics strewn within. They work through it and it is magnificent.

Overall, Wait For You is a terrific book that will make you feel all tingly inside. It was the first contemporary book I read by JLA, but goodness knows it will not be my last. I loved it! And I am so excited for Trust in Me and Be With Me. More Cam and then more awesome. Lots and lots of awesome. Eeep!

♥Jessica(:

5 comments:

  1. So happy you loved this book. Yes, Jen is a writing ninja. Idk how she does it?! Oh, Cam! He's perfect! Great review!

    Vi
    AKA Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Jennifer Armentrout never disappoints. All the books I read written by her are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Jennifer Armentout before. And this book seems like the good choice to start knowing her. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually had to read this book a second chance for me to like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!