Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: She Belongs to Me by Carmen DeSousa

She Belongs to Me by Carmen DeSousa
Release Date: December 23, 2011
Format: Paperback, 452 pages
Publisher: 5 Prince Publishing
Source: Carmen DeSousa(:

Description from Goodreads:
When wealthy construction company owner and Charlotte detective, Jordan Monroe, meets Jaynee for the first time he is awestruck and determines to make her his wife. Jaynee, however, has a history she cannot easily overcome and is fearful to submit to love. Jordan succeeds in making her his wife, but five years into their marriage he realizes she is keeping secrets. Before he can decipher her duplicity, he discovers her unconscious in their home from a gunshot wound only hours after giving her an ultimatum concerning their relationship.

With Jaynee’s life hanging in the balance, the mystery of her past drives Jordan to investigate. But what appears to be an attempted suicide turns out to be something far darker. Is someone from her past stalking her? Or worse, is someone close to Jordan trying to kill them both? As Jordan edges closer to the truth, it may be deadlier than he could ever have imagined.


She Belongs to Me. The title alone is something I love. It just sounds like a book I'd read. Well, I did. And I seriously enjoyed it. 

The book began and I was instantly drawn in. The book begins with a nice, solid BANG. Literally. Once I was only a few pages in, I couldn't put the book down. Seriously, this book hit the ground running and it didn't stop until the end.

The content of this book. The meat of the story. It was very nice to go back and learn about our main characters to see how they had gotten to the point at which the story begins. Plus, their story was 100% sweet. And goodness knows I love sweetness. 

Character rundown: Jordan. A southern gentleman, drawl and all. I instantly loved him from the moment we met him. He's a truly lovable character and is just so completely amazing. Jaynee. I'm very picky about my female MCs, but I did like Jaynee. She was strong, honest, and not melodramatic. Together, Jordan and Jaynee made a couple that was easy to love and practically impossible to dislike. 

The mystery of this story was fun. Honestly--fun. I kept guessing, and just when I thought I was sure of something my prediction was blown to bits. In a good way, not a confusing way. I also liked that the mystery was not over the top. It was somewhat realistic. Easy to get lost in, that's for sure.

The ending. A very nice ending. Kind of picture-perfect, but whose to say that's not a good thing? Better than a horrible cliff-hanger when I am LEAST EXPECTING IT. I could rant about those kind of books all the time, but I'll save my breath since it doesn't apply to this book.

Overall, I loved this book. It's one of those books that makes me smile whenever I think about it. Ah, I adored this book. I would definitely recommend it to you. Yes, whoever you are--I'm telling you to read this book. Because I loved it. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, that was a lovely review. And I'm very happy to know you *loved* it! So nice when I can reach across all age groups. I have readers from 15 to 80 telling me how much they loved Jordan. If I'd made him sparkly...who knows...maybe he'd be in a movie too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this book. I have been reading books not stop in my spare time since I graduated college last month and I would have to say this is in my top 5 books. I would read about Jaynee and Jordan all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!