Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: Infinity by Sedona Venez

Infinity (Valkyries: Soaring Raven, #1)

Infinity by Sedona Venez
Release Date: January 2013
Format: ebook
Series: Valkyries: Soaring Raven #1
Source: SupaGurl Book Tours

Description from Goodreads:
Infinity discovers a dark secret from her past that rocks everything she knows to be true.

A troubled 22-year-old superstar singer, Infinity has a bad reputation for drugs and hard partying. Now, she is on the road to a comeback with her controversial tour. But everything about doing the concert feels wrong from missing employees, to anonymous threats about ruining her career. She is dealing with a powerful corporation that is determined to kill her and everyone she loves. She is also battling for control of her life and career from a relationship that crossed the fine line between love and obsession. Infinity knows too much, even though she doesn't realize it. Secrets have been kept and these secrets are powerful enough to destroy her and everyone she loves.

Now she must put her safety and trust in the hands of sexy, tattooed and delicious Torch Channing and Boulder Vigari, hired to keep her from getting killed. Boulder wants to make her his. He won't stop until he claims her. Torch struggles with his primal need to possess her and his hatred of everything she represents.

Infinity is determined to protect her heart while dealing with the pressure of pulling off another successful tour without spiraling into another mental meltdown.

Contains adult content. For readers ages 17+ only.


Infinity is NOTHING at all what I expected. I expected a romantic paranormal story with little elements of mythology mixed in. But instead I have a completely smexy book that was undeinably intricate and well well written. I was confused at times, but that didn't stop me from liking this book.

Instead of my usual rundown, I'm just going to list things I liked and things I didn't like. Why? Because that's what I feel like doing with this review. No reason other than that. Sometimes I like to change it up a little. :)

Things I liked:
- Two smexily attractive werewolf guys. Seriously. Those two...YES. ;)

- Creepy but cool vampire dude.

- The writing. Sedona Venez wrote this story well. I loved how it was in Infinity's POV, but there were also chapters in third person from various other characters' POVs and they each had their own voice. Goodness knows there is NO. POINT. In alternating POVs or changing POVs or whatever if they all sound the same regardless. Might as well just stick with Character #1 and keep the book nice. But Sedona didn't have that problem! So I should stop ranting about it. Ha.

- Surprise factor. I had no idea x was going to y instead of z doing..something. And I KNOW that made no sense, but the point here is that I was surprised. So yay!

- The ravens. I just thought they were really, really cool. And funny.

- DIEGO! Ha, that boy.

- I just want to say that I'm Team Werewolf. Boulder and Torch all the way, my friends. Now, choose between the two? I don't think my brain can handle that.

Things I did NOT like:
- Infinity. I just thought she was extremely self-centered and ignorant and...yeah. Her character wasn't unbearable or anything, I just wasn't a fan.

- I have a teensy problem with the world building. It's just, I THINK I get how their world works, now that I've finished the book, but it took me waaaay too long to even remotely have a grasp of it. Don't get me wrong, explanations start at the very beginning, but they all didn't add up and start to make sense to me until far into the book.

- The fact that my werewolf boys don't ACTUALLY show up until over half way through the book. They do have little moments before then, but it's nothing too substantial.

- Random kissy scenes/talking scenes. I know what you're thinking--How can kissy scenes be bad?!?!?! But I'm not saying they were bad. They were actually entertaining. But they were also random. We'd be talking about something, and then out of nowhere the topic of sex would come up or Infinity would start making out with someone...

And...that's it. So count it up, my friends.

Things I liked: 7
Things I did NOT like: 4

Yep, that looks right. Because I really did like this book! And I am most DEFINITELY going to be all over that sequel. I actually have a strong suspicion that I'll like that one better than the first, now that the stage has been set and the story's going.

So should you read this book? I think so. Even if you don't LOVE this book, it's just the first in the series and I truly think the books are going to get better. As I said, the stage has been set now--and I believe things are only going to get better from here.

Goodness, with that ending I am DYING to get my hands on book 2! AHH!


♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of these smexy characters but the main character sounds annoying >.<

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!