Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review: Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton

Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)

Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton
Release Date: January 29, 2013
Format: ARC, 469
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Series: Angelfire #3
Source: ARC tour!

Description from Goodreads:
Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.


The Angelfire trilogy. It is so weird to see this one come to an end. I remember when the first book came out! Goodness. It was before I became a blogger, but after I decided I'd let books rule my life. Either way, I'd never given much though to this trilogy ending. No more Will, no more Ellie, no more...no more...no more CADAN. (I'm going to cry for days for that one, guys.)

Anyways, back to the point. This book. The ending of a very kickass trilogy. Well, if you MUST know...this was such an amazing way to end the trilogy!!!!!!!

Goodness gracious, this book was badass. I laughed (a lot), cried (why must people DIE?!?!), slapped things (I'd rather not specify WHAT, because then y'all may not like me anymore...hehehe--I'm totally kidding. Kind of.), punched things, threw things, yelled things (TEAM WAFFLES!), and so on. I think you get my point. This book was a bunch of feels. Because, you know, I may not have said this, but this was the ending to a trilogy. And it was badass. So yeah.

Courtney's writing makes me smile, just like always. I don't even know WHAT it is about her writing, but it just feels different to me, and I like it. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. Pulls me in and keeps me reading. Even if I don't want to. Yeah. THAT great. ;)

Character Rundown:
Ellie: Ellie's been through a lot in this trilogy, and I must say: I liked her more and more with each book and she grew into a character I could actually stand. Um, yeah, I wasn't her biggest fan in the beginning. But now, she's all right. Completely fierce. I suggest you watch yourself when in her presence.

Will: Awww, Will!!!! He is so incredinly sweet, I just want to hug the snap out of him. I love how stable and just plain supportive he was. If he were real, I'd totally be first in line to be his BFF. He's just so cute! Love this boy.

Cadan: While I love Will, Cadan is the boy that has me in this trilogy. Gosh, I ADORE this boy. He makes me laugh and he cares. He cares so much, I can't even. He is sooooo mine. I love how we've grown to trust him more and more throughout these books. We can depend on him now! Did you hear me? DEPEND on him. TRUST him. We can, we can! Ahhh, this boy <3

Plot. We were focused on what was going to happen, which I seriously liked because I actually KNEW what was going on! A lot of the time, I'm slow with figuring out just what the heck the characters are doing or trying to accomplish, but in this book? Not a problem. I get it, guys! WOOT! Another thing. This is a WAR. We all know what happens when at war, yes? The D word? Because it does happen, no matter how much we wish it wouldn't. In this very book. It happens. *sad face*

Sweets. Well, first and foremost (for me, anyway), we have Cadan. Who, as I said, CARES. And we see him caring and cooperating and I am so happy our relationship with him has grown to this point. And then there is Will. Oh, Will. I've already told y'all that will is so sweet. This guy is such a sweetheart. Him and Ellie together...it just works. So well. I can't imagine these two actually being with someone else. Just doesn't blend in my brain.

The ending. Ohhhh, guys, the feels. The feels the feels the feels. It's over! But I think Courtney gave us a darn good ending. I closed the book feeling all satisfied and a little teary-eyed. SO MUCH happened--in this book, in this TRILOGY--but Courtney wrapped it all up in such a wonderful way.

Overall, Courtney Allison Moulton did a supremely GREAT job on this book and therefore, she rocks. Seriously. She rocks my socks off. BARE FEET RIGHT NOW, Y'ALL. If you've read the first two books in this trilogy and are feeling kind of meh about the whole thing, I suggest you most definitely read the last installment. It's an ending worth reading. And if you read the first two books and think they're the best thing ever? I say the same thing. Most definitely a trilogy worth reading, right here.

GAH! I just can't believe it's over. AHHHHH!

But seriously. Read it.


♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you loved this book, so I have this great review that makes me want to read it!!
    I really really really want to meet Will!!! I hope I can someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!