As we announced on Saturday, each day this week, we're interviewing some book boys in honor of Valentine's Day! So today we have...
from Dracian Legacy by Priya Kanaparti!
Before we start, just...LOOK at this:
That's the guy Priya (the author!) sees as Dean. Is he hot or is he hot? Yeah. I KNOW.
So. Dean. Welcome to my blog! You have no idea how excited I am to have you drop by. Trust me. NO. IDEA.
· Sweet Jess…. Jessie…. Mind if I call you Jessers? *takes hand and kisses knuckles*
*blushes* Is it just me or is “Jessers” completely random? Because, um, yeah. No one has ever wanted to call me that before. Jess? Yes. Jessie? Sure. But Jessers? Never.
· Exactly. *runs a hand through hair* Gotta keep it real.
Okay, so. Valentine’s Day! Some people sort of kind of totally make a huge deal out of this day. Other people claim it’s just a stupid holiday created by greeting card companies. What do YOU think and why? EXPLAIN YOURSELF, SIR.
· *laughs teeth in full view* I don’t believe in Valentine’s day. And the world isn’t ready for my explanation, yet.
What’s the thing you like the absolute most about V-Day? And the least?
· Least: Materialistic – fake
· Most: the unluckiest men of the world can get lucky at least one night a year.
Okay, so this is the part of the interview where we all start to notice that I am HORRIBLE at interviews. But they’re so fun so I do them anyway. BEAR WITH ME.
· Sweet Jess, for you… I’ll be a teddy BEAR *winks*
Ha! Clever. Maybe even cute.
Do you prefer to spend V-Day with someone special? If so, are you a big planner or do you pretty much just wing it?
· *eyes become smoldering and voice turns deep and low* Jess, do you have someone special you’re spending this valentine’s with?
*dimples* You are aware that you just ignored half of that question, right?
· You ignored my entire question, sweet Jess...ers
Soooooo. My birthday’s on February 12. (I swear I have a point, just give me a second to get to it.) That is 2—TWO—days before Valentine’s Day. Which means guess who gets her birthday mushed together with the holiday? And guess who ISN’T a huge fan of people half-assing it with the excuse of V-Day-themed gifts or whatever? So I’d like to know your opinion? What would YOU do? Am I being whiny? I probably am, aren’t I? Crap. I probably shouldn’t have asked that question. BLAH. Answer anyway. Please.
· *laughs* I had a hunch I might like you. And you know what, *leans closer* I DO like you. And to answer your question, my advice… ditch ‘em. Personally, I’d rather NOT receive any gift than cheap-ass thoughtless ones.
THANK YOU! I mean, I’m not an ungrateful person or anything, but come on. It’s the thought that counts, right? And if someone gives me a gift all like V-Day, they aren’t thinking of ME, they’re thinking of the holiday. Not cool. Yes, I am that self-centered.
· No one gives a damn about you but yourself, sweet Jessers. Be self-centered. Live a little.
Are you the kind of guy who would give a gift for Valentine’s Day? (This is completely unrelated to the last question. And did I mention that I am HORRID with interviews? *sigh*)
· Breathe Sweet Jess.
*deep breath* And you missed half the question again. WHERE is your mind today, sir?
· Sir, eh… *gives a crooked grin*
What do you think of the chocolate/flowers cliché? Do you even think that’s a cliché? It may just be me. I’m learning right now that I’m incredibly whiny. Snap.
· Snap… *laughs* I don’t think it’s cliché. I think it’s a lame-ass attempt to get laid. Did you know the right kind of chocolate and flower combination can get… Nevermind. This is a YA blog.
This IS a YA blog. Isn’t it peeeeeeeerty?
· *looks around* *nods*
Ha. Moment of being conceited is now over. My bad.
All right, I believe that is it for our little chat. BUT, lucky for me (and you, I hope), you’ll be back around on the 16th for the Dracian Legacy blog tour! Where I shall ask you…questions. About stuff. Stuffy stuff. Yeah. It’s serious. So I shall see you then!
· The pleasure was all mine Sweet Jess. *stands up and kisses a cheek* Thank you for having me on your blog. It means the world to me.
Now I am off to go read a book or do some other incredibly geeky and borderline boring thing. Heh. Thank you so much for dropping by! Seriously. I can’t thank you enough!!
And THAT is my half of the interview! I seriously had A LOT of fun with this interview. But now, it's time for YOU to head over to Jana's blog to see HER interview with Dean! Just click HERE and you'll be taken to The Book Goddess where you can read Dean be his awesome self over there. :)
Also, be sure to stop by our blogs again tomorrow for more of the...
With tomorrow's super hot book boy...
Yeah. My ACTUAL, 100% legit book boyfriend. It was awesome. Hehehe.