Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review: A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young

A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)

A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young
Release Date: June 26, 2012
Format: Hardcover, 288 pages
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Series: A Need So Beautiful #2
Source: Library

Description from Goodreads:
Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose effect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?


So, this is the sequel to A Need So Beautiful, which I read and reviewed...you know...recently. The ending to THAT book was somewhat cliff-hanger-y, so I picked up this book as soon as I could after that. And, um. THIS BOOK WAS SO GREAT.

This time, instead of Charlotte, we have Elise. This can throw you off, but this IS a sequel to A Need So Beautiful, not a companion. I've had people ask me this. Trust me, this one definitely comes second. So, we have Elise. Who, as the description says, wakes up with no clue who she is. Normally, this kind of thing at the beginning of the book just means it's all going downhill from there (sad, but true--check out my reviews of Glimmer and As I Wake if you are skeptical). That is certainly not the case here! This book was just as beautiful as the last, and even more enjoyable, in my opinion.

Character Rundown:
Elise: So it's pretty obvious who Elise actually is. And I like her just as much as I did in the last book, if not more, because this time she's still the wonderful, caring person she was, but she also has more personality. It was nice to see both the Charlotte in Elise and the...Elise. It was cool to see those two characters rolled into one so effectively, to create one character that I loved reading about.

Harlin: OH, HARLIN. I love him a million times more in this book. It was great to get to start all over with him, more or less, and he was much more defined this time. He was very solidly HIM. He not only had a personality, but one that I completely adored.

Abe: Abe is a guy who was full of AMAZING lines from the very moment we meet him. In the very beginning of this book, he was seriously awesome. But then...he wasn't. I like Abe, though. Still, Harlin's my boy this time around. And in the end, Abe...well, let's just leave it at I end with liking Abe a lot.

Other characters: We saw Dr. Swift again, and that was cool. He's a sweet guy. And then we have Onika again. I feel for her, but I don't like her at all. I understand her situation, but I am completely critical of how she handled it. And then there's Lucy, who is another character who I don't like her choices in certain situations. Not cool, people.

The plot. I enjoyed every single part of this book. The plot wasn't predictable--especially if you're comparing this book to the first one. Everything is not the same, no matter what people may think. This book had me riveted and I flew through the pages. I was kind of surprised when I saw that I only had ten pages left. I was like "NOOOOOO!" I kind of didn't want it to end. Why?

Because of Harlin. AKA, the sweetness of this book. Harlin is just the sweetest thing! He cares, and I love that. Plus, in this book, Harlin isn't as oblivious, therefore his romance with Elise can not be full of tension caused by secrets, secrets, and more secrets. Well, for the most part. Either way, it went better for them this time around, and that made me deliriously happy.

The ending. I'm curious, is there going to be another book after this one? Because that ending certainly left me wanting more, but I don't know if there's going to be a third. I hope there is. This ending made me happy, but also left me wanting a little.

Overall, this book was better than the first. A Need So Beautiful was a really good read, but A Want So Wicked was an amazing read. So, pick up these books and READ.

♥Jessica(:

2 comments:

  1. Loved your review! I will be going and getting these books! They sound great! Thanks for such a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great riview,,i love it,,you make me cant wait to read,,
    thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!