Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oh, I'm There :)



I finished Take Me There by Susane Colasanti! Before I get into what I thought of the book and whatnot, I must tell you about how much I love this author. This is the fourth book I've read by this author and I think I only have one more to read before I've read them all. Well, until her next book, Keep Holding On, comes out in a few months, but I shall share info about THAT with you all later. (EEEK! I can't wait for it to come out so I can read it!) Anyways, back to my point. Susane Colasanti is definitely in the upper ranks of my Fave Authors list. Like, I don't even have to read the description of a book by her to want to read it. Just stick her name on the cover and I'm sold. Yes. She is just that amazing. She is working her way up to sarah Dessen status in my mind- and believe me that is worth a lot. I've read all of Sarah's books and own, like, five of them. I do own one of Susane's, too. . . To the point again. Susane Colasanti is awesome.

Okay, so on to Take Me There. As always with Susane, I loved this book. I always love the specific voices and tones she sets inside her characters. It gives them unique personalities that we can all identify with. Which we all know is important because if we can't identify with the characters, then the book rings false and isn't as interesting. Take Me There, though, made me fall in love with the characters (for the most part) and kept my attention all the while. I got kind of sad when I read the last page. Not in a depressing way, but in a way that certainly means I wouldn't have been disappointed to read more. (I would have been elated to read more!)

Okay, so now for the character rundown. I shall share with you a little about the three main characters. Yes, I say THREE this time and not TWO because this book shifts between the points of view of these three characters- Rhiannon, Nicole, and James. Let's start with Rhiannon. She is the smart, kind, OCD girl that everyone knows and loves. I personally liked her, and I hoped for the best for her throughout the whole book. Like, seriously, it was about time she saw the light. (You'll get it when you read it yourself.) Now Nicole. Nicole is the quiet girl who looks much more outgoing than she really is. Just because she dresses the way she does doesn't mean she acts that way too. Nicole was okay. I admired her devotion to her best friend (Rhiannon) and her courage to help out another friend (not Rhiannon). She bothered me a little, though. Although it is for a biased reason that works out to make me happy in the end. (DANNY.) Now on to James. Oh, James. James was my favorite character. He was the one who had it all together but was really falling apart the whole time. Yes, this makes sense. What I mean by this is that he was going through things just like the other characters, but he held it together best, I think. He came to his senses the quickest and then ACTED on it. Seriously, YOU GO, DUDE! :)

I feel the need to point aout something in particular I loved in this book. At one point, when he was describing his friendship with Rhiannon, James says, "We're solid." I personally LOVE this phrase or saying or whatever it is categorized as. It just makes me think of mellow people and being mellow and stuff and it just makes me so happy whenever I read/see it. Another thing. The Beatles song "Because" is used in this book. I love the Beatles. I am even listening to "Because" right now as I write this. Kudos, Susane. Your characters have awesome tastes in music!

The ending. I have nothing bad to say about the ending at all. This is a stand alone book (obviously), so there is no reason for a dreadful ending or anything. It just ends in a way that I really liked. It gave me a nice, peaceful feeling.

Rating time! I rate this book 5/5 stars. Man do I love this book. Especially James. He totally won me over. I suggest this book to everyone. Boys, girls, apes. EVERYONE. It is not a total girl book if you don't let it be. Plus, there are whole parts narrated by a BOY. In a realistic way, too. So you should read it.

Okay, so I thank you all for reading this! I'll give you another reading list sometime soon and update you all on my current reading endeavor then, too. Be sure to follow this blog if you haven't already! If there is some other way you usually follow blogs that I DON'T have, be sure to let me know. I'm new to this. Help me out a little. Again, thank you all & please follow!

Until next post, Friends!

♥Jessica(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!