Friday, December 7, 2012

2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge!

Click on the banner to learn more about this challange!
 
Um, yeah. Believe it or not, I actually have more books sitting around waiting to be read than I really should. And a bunch of books I should really read, just in general. So this challenge will hopefully make me want to, you know, do what I'm supposed to.
 
I'm going to play it easy with this challenge, and then go up if I get there:
 
1-10: A Firm Handshake
 
All right, now the books I plan to read...
 
- A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
- Epoch by Timothy Carter
- Any Other Night by Anne Pfeffer
- Secrets by Tim Mettey
- Blood of the Revenant by N.R. Allen
- The Death Cure by James Dashner
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink
- Fated by Alyson Noel
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

Okay, now some books I might do in place of a few on THAT list (because I own these ones, whereas I don't own some of the books on the other list):

- Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
- Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
 
And that's my list for now. It may change, it may not, but hopefully I'll get to these sometime in 2013.

Now, since I love to randomly ramble about books (I LOVE THEM SO MUCH), I'm going to comment a little on the books on my list.

- A Touch Morbid: I got this from Leah on October 4th. (Yes, I remember the exact date...it was a seriously cool thing.) We had our super fun outing in which she kidnapped me and then we went out to dinner, with two other friends, and then went to watch the bats. Because it was in Austin. Look it up, people. :) Either way, I should read this.

- Epoch: Tim is an awesome author who I reviewed one other book for (called The Cupid War). And then I got this one to review. And now it waits on my shelf. I started reading it FORVER ago, but then had to stop for reasons that were non-book related. Definitely one I have to pick up again, preferably towards the beginning of 2013.

- Any Other Night: Anne sent this to me and I just have not gotten to it yet. I should workon it, though. This book looks mighty cute. And heavy. We'll see how that works out.

- Secrets: I got this on recently to review, and I just know it's going to roll over into next year for me. Haven't really started it yet. Looks like it could be good...or not. Again, we'll see.

- Blood of the Revenant: Every time I look at this book I kind of want to read it. But this is another one that's going to roll over into 2013. Sad, but I life happens. Blogging is great, but I have school and family and sleep and stuff, too.

- The Death Cure: I got this ever farther in what I deemed "FOREVER ago" when I was talking about Epoch. It was an ARC I got from my library! My first ever ARC. I still have it to this day (because I haven't read it yet). Cool, huh? I started it once when I was in between books, but...um, but...I kind of stopped. I plan on going back to it, though! Obviously.

- A Million Suns: This is just a sequel I have taken too long to pick up. Seriously.

- A Temptation of Angels: I've wanted to read this one for a long time! But I kept on NOT picking it up. I have no clue why. I want to fix that next year.

- Fated: I read The Immortals series by Alyson Noel. Actually, no. I read the first three books of The Immortals series. I did not like. The first book was good, the second book was the complete opposite, and the third book led to so much facepalming...I can't even. But I want to give Alyson's books another chance. Maybe it was just that series. I'll never know until I try, right?

- Something Strange and Deadly: You may or may not remember that I checked this out from the library a while ago. Long story short, I never got to it. So I want to be sure to get to it sometime next year. So...onto the list!

Um....that was the end of the list...
 
I'll be keeping track here AND on my 2013 Challenges tab,* so if you want to see my progress, those are the places to go! Plus, there will be monthly wrap-up posts. Yeah. So those can be checked out, too. Basically, there will be a few ways for you to stalk me on this challenge. You know, just in case your inner creeper wants to see really cool bookish stuff.
 
Remember, folks, click on the banner at the top of this post to find out more about this challenge! I have explained pretty much nothing. I am aware of this. ;)

*I'll be keep track on my tab. I have it linked there to my post here, so you can see my goal list, but I'm not going to keep coming back to this list to update things. I WILL update this post if I get bumped up a level. Then, I'll cross off what was read and update my goal and whatnot.

To get to my 2013 Challenges page, click the tab at the top of the blog, or click HERE because I'm linking because I'm nice and you guys are awesome.

It would just be too complicated to update in a bunch of places, because I'm participating in more than just one challenge. The tab WILL be updated, though, so no worries!
 
♥Jessica(:

3 comments:

  1. That is the problem with books. You read 1, you buy an addition 10 books. And I'm already making a list with books I want in 2013 and there are SO MANY awesome books coming out. I hope you can narrow these down! :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the e-books! I often read print books first but they never stop piling up and all my e-books are left unread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to A Million Suns too...And The Madman's Daughter...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!