Sunday, December 23, 2012

Top 10 of 2012 ♥ Best I've Read

 
Today, we're listing the best books we've read. I did my very best to make this a top 10 list, but...we all know books are hard to choose sometimes. Anyhoo, here's my list!
 
Honorable Mentions:
Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1) Touching the Surface Unraveling (Unraveling, #1)
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
These are books that make me wish thsi didn't have to be a TOP 10 list. If only there were room... I almost added Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally to the honorable mentions, but figured three were enough. Just so you know.
 
10. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Time Between Us
I was so undecided on whether to put this book as #10 or Touching the Surface. In the end, though, you see what happened. This book was so cute. And fun. And if the two could have SHARED this spot, they would. But sadly, that's not how this works.
 
9. Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
Take a Bow
This book was so cute and I flew right through it! I love Elizabeth Eulberg. This is the book that got me through TAKS last May. Love it.
 
8. The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Selection (The Selection, #1)
Team Maxon. That is all.
 
7. Flawed by Kate Avelynn
Flawed
Honestly, this book should probably be in a better spot on this list, but this is where it ended up. This book is a masterpiece, though. I'm so glad I got the chance to read this. Just thinking about it STILL makes me cry.
 
6. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
Can I please slap Sydney? And have The Indigo Spell, like, NOW?!?! Oh, I love Adrian. So much.
 
5. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
The Edge of Never
I still spaz about this book to whoever will listen.
 
4. Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)
I can't even, you guys. This book was just amazing. Laini has serious talent. WHERE IS BOOK 3??!?!?!
 
3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
Ohhhhh, this book. This book. Just thinking about it makes me smile. "A world of nevers under a never sky."~pg. 124 (I'm fairly positive that's the page. I love Perry and Roar. And I need Through the Ever Night ASAP.
 
2. The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) Pure (Covenant, #2) Deity (Covenant, #3) Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
This is NOT cheating. This is me making room for books that aren't by JLA on this list. because honestly, if I didn't do this, there's be barely any room for any other books. If you WANT to take this down so there's only one book in this spot, take Deity & Elixir. The novella totally goes with the book. Otherwise, this is how it is. I can't help it. If you want to blame someone, blame Jen for writing such amazing books. And, urm, CAN I HAVE APOLLYON now? Please?
 
**If you didn't like my cheating on #2, look away from my #1. You've been warned.**
 
1. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Shadows (Lux, #0.5) Obsidian (Lux, #1) Onyx (Lux, #2) Opal (Lux, #3)
I don't think you realize just how much I adore everything JLA writes. Asking me to pick only a few for a list like this would be just wrong. So I choose them all. Plus, Katy's a book blogger. I think that's the biggest high five Jen could give us. And Daemon...he's just awesome. AWESOME, I TELL YOU. It's so hard to believe I just bumped into these books this year. Best bookish thing that's ever happened to me.
 
And...that's my top 10-ish. I apologize for my inability to choose just 10. Can you blame me, though? Have you READ these books? They're so great.
 
What book are in your top 10? Did you have trouble choosing only 10 like me?
 
And, guys. IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE! Merry Christmas to all!
 
♥Jessica(:

7 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I LOVED The Selection. It was such an awesome book, amd it has a gorgeous cover. I also like the Covenant series. Team Adrian!!!

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, SUCH a gorgeous cover! I'm so glad I own this book partly for that reason. Maxon is such a sweetie. And THE COVENANT SERIES! Obviously, I love. And Adrian...he's one of my top hot book boys <3

      ♥Jessica(:

      Delete
  2. 2012 has been an AMAZING year for books. I have fallen hard for tons of them. Under The Never Sky, The Golden Lily, The Selection and Unraveling are all on that list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a great year! Listing is so not easy. Next year's going to be a doozy, too!!

      ♥Jessica(:

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for Jennifer L. Armentrout's books right now! I ordered Obsidian so I can't wait to get into them soon :) And I <3 UTNS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHH! I hope you love the JLA books as much as I do!

      And Under the Never Sky<3

      ♥Jessica(:

      Delete
  4. Awesome list! I haven't read the last two books in the Covenant series and I think that's the reason they're not on my list. I also can't wait to read Onyx and Opal. I love JLA!

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!