Wednesday, May 9, 2012

DON'T TOUCH ME.


A Touch Mortal (A Touch Trilogy, #1)

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford
Release Date: Already released! (February 22, 2011)
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Format: Paperback, 419 pages
Source: Won from Justin's Book Blog!
Description from Goodreads:


Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.
This book drew me in for a few reasons. First, the description is AMAZING. Second, I have heard many, many, many good things about this book. (The most prominent of these good things came from Kreag at I Devour Books.) And lastly, this book was more than 400 pages. What can I say? I like it when books are long enough to not end the day I start them. When adding all of this up to create my expectations for this book, I'd say that they were pretty high. I mean, I REALLY value other people's opinions when it comes to what I should and should not read. I am super happy to say that my expectations were certainly met, if not exceeded.

I thought this book would be based heavily on the whole "love" angle. Lots of books are, so really that's a realistic assumption. And I was half right. Love was somewhat important in this book, but it was not what made this story. The love had to be there, yes, but it was not really the main focus. We paid much more attention to Eden's predicaments with the Fallen and the other Siders than we did to her feelings for Az most of the time. Still, the author swooped in at just the right times to push Az back into our minds so we don't forget him.

Oh, the issues faced in this book. They thoroughly amused me and held my attention for all 400 pages. I remember how I was nearing the end of the book and hoping for more pages to magically appear so the book would not end. If that is not a sign that a book was great, I don't know what is.

Character rundown: Eden. I liked Eden! I loved how independent she was, not really reliant on her love interest like a lot of other heroines are in YA books. She does things for herself and controls what she wants to and doesn't care about anything else, and I love that. A kick-booty girl who actually takes charge. Oh, how I have waited for a girl like her in a book. Now, Az. OH, AZ. I adore Az, as I usually do with the guys in books. I love how he puts Eden first and doesn't give up on her. I tell you, it is things like these that melt my heart and win me over EVERY TIME. And it never gets old. Last, I'll say a few things about Luke. I have to admit that I swoon for Luke. The way he is described, he is a true heartthrob. I love that he is 100% evil, though. Kind of balances out his beauty. And his love. Yes, evil people find love as well. Or at least, I assume he loved her. That's what I got from certain happenings in this book. ;)

As a whole, this story was purely gorgeous. Yes, I described a STORY as gorgeous. Because this one really was. I am immensely glad I got this book, and I encourage you all to read it, if you're into the whole fallen-angels thing. . . . On second thought, even if you're not. I say anyone should give this book a try because it is not your everyday angel story. It's different, and I enjoy that! It's always nice to mix up the angel story that is so common these days.

Okay, that's it, Friends! Before I bid you all good day, though, I want to send a thousand thanks to:
Justin from Justin's Book Blog - DUDE. I love your blog! I visit, like, every day. And I tend to comment a lot. But still, your blog is on my list of favorites. Thank you so much for this book!
and
Kreag from I Devour Books - Because you're just awesome. Seriously, your best friend badge is ULTRA shiny right now. Yeah, even shinier than mine. That is an accomplishment, my friend. Thank you for being first to steal my blog button!

All right, now that's really it, folks. Thank y'all for reading my reivew and visiting my blog!
Stay safe until next post, Friends!

♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks for the mentions Jess! And awesome review! Also, I think you will adore A Touch Morbid even more. Seriously, I cried so many times, it is even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!