Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fun or None?--Trilogy Thursday



Fun or None?
Trilogy Thursday! I'm kind of excited to make this post because it was partly my idea :)
This is where we pick three trilogies, rate them, and say three things we love about them!
 
Lets begin, shall we?
 
This first trilogy is one we all know is going to be mentioned at some point, so I thought I'd just begin with it.
 
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Rating: 5 STARS (of course)

  1. PEETA. I love that boy. He is so incredibly sweet. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I will never understand how anyone can ever pick Gale over Peeta. I just can't comprehend this.
  2. The rest of the AMAZING characters. Cinna, Haymitch, Finnick . . . the characters in thsi trilogy were marvelous. Oh, and President Snow--the ultimate villain ;)
  3. The Games. The Games were positively riveting to read. They were so different from other things I'd usually read (at the time--I read The Hunger Games years ago) and that only made the book a great experience. This trilogy definitely opened my interest to lots of other YA books.

Next is a trilogy you may or may not have knows about before now.
 
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
(Yeah, one of those trilogies you can buy all in one book!)
Rating: 3 STARS

  1. JULIAN. I always love the bad boy, whether 'm on his team or not. In this case, I wasn't really sure what team I was on until the end, but I'm not going to share this with y'all. My point here: Julian was the bad boy who has a weakness. Those weaknesses are what I love.
  2. I really liked the idea in this book. The idea of these games becoming reality. Very amusing and fun to read.
  3. Why, if I mentioned Julian, I have to mention TOM, now don't I? I will not show bias. Plus, Tom is the steady guy. Steadiness is never--never ever--a bad thing.

Now for our last trilogy! The reason I created my blog to begin with:
 
The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
Rating: 5 STARS! (duh)

  1. NICK! NickNickNickNickNick! I loved that dude! I have a bunch "Hey, Nick" statements that are always fun to Tweet from time to time. A wonderful character, him.
  2. The demons! I don't read stories with demons all that often, so this trilogy was a great way to switch it up a bit.
  3. Mae! She was such a great female character. I am always SO picky toward the girls in books, but Mae was one that I certainly will not complain about.

I LOOOOOOVED The Demon's Lexicon trilogy. If you haven't read it yet, DO IT NOW.
 
All right, that's it for my leg of today's posts in this Fun Hop. Y'all should go see what everyone else posted!
http://kissedbittenbybooks.blogspot.co.uk/
http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/
http://thebeaucoupreview.blogspot.com/
http://www.danasquare.blogspot.com/
http://www.fiction-freak.blogspot.com/
http://donniedarkogirl.blogspot.com/
 
Today is my last day of school! I am so incredibly happy about this! So I shall bid you all a good day now...
Have a great day, Friends!
 
♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. I loved *The Hunger Games* too! After I started reading the first one, I couldn't put it down! I have only read a few of L.J. Smith, but maybe I should try again :)

    I had my last day a few weeks ago, amazing, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!