Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fun or None?--What?! Wednesday



Fun or None?
Welcome back to the Fun Hop! Today is What?! Wednesday! What is that, you ask? Why, this is where we tell y'all about three books that shocked us to our core and why. So, THIS is your WARNING.
**WARNING: THIS POST HAS SPOLIERS**
That's kind of the whole point of this post. So I am breaking my rule of no spoilers this one time. And now you have been warned  . . . ;)
 
My first book that shocked me was:
BETWEEN by Cyndi Tefft
Between
As you all probably know, I LOVED this book. Most of this love springs from Aiden MacRae, of course, but another part of this love comes from the huge turn-around in the middle of this book that I was positively not expecting. I don't know what I was expecting in this book, exactly. Maybe I expected Lindsey and Aiden to go to heaven together or something? I'm not sure. But whatever I WAS expecting, it was not for Lindsey to live again. And then take Aiden to the living world with her. That shocked me, and I loved it! I love when things happen that I don't expect.
 
Next, we have . . .
DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver
Delirium (Delirium, #1)
Honestly, I was going to list Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver here instead, because I was not expecting Sam to die in that one, but then I realized WAIT. Lauren has an even bigger shocker to tell y'all about. I absolutely hated the ending of this book. The rest of this book was marvelous. I enjoyed it completely. But the ending was horrid. Nevertheless, the ending was also a HUGE shock. Seriously, my jaw-dropped. I cried. It was devastating. I did not expect Alex to *sniffle* DIE. He was one of the main characters. And I mean IMPORTANT main characters. The kind of main character that we never expect anything as horrible as death to happen to. Until it does.
(For the record, I have yet to read the sequel to this book: Pandemonium. Just thought I'd say this.)
 
Last, we have . . .
We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)
I know, you are all probably shocked that this book is on this list. But, oh, this book really belongs here. I was a million percent SHOCKED when we found out that Jeremiah cheated on Belly. I know I've made it clear that I am Team Conrad. And I am, I really am. But I did feel for Jere and want the best for him. I loved him, too. And never in a million years would I have pegged him for the cheating type. That would probably be because he's really not that type. Which makes what he did that much more shocking!
I. LOVED. THIS. TRILOGY. SO. MUCH.
It hurts my heart, but it is so amazing.
 
All right, everyone. Those are my three WHAT?!s. Now you shold hop on along to see what my fellow Fun Hop bloggers have listed as they're shocking books:
http://kissedbittenbybooks.blogspot.co.uk/
http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/
http://thebeaucoupreview.blogspot.com/
http://www.danasquare.blogspot.com/
http://www.fiction-freak.blogspot.com/
http://donniedarkogirl.blogspot.com/
 
That's it for me today, Friends. I'm taking an exam today, so wish me luck!
 
Until next post!
 
♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!