Monday, May 7, 2012

PASSION♥


 Passion (Fallen, #3)

Passion by Lauren Kate
Release Date: Already Released! (June 14, 2011)
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Format: Hardcover, 420 pages
Source: Borrowed from Monica at Cover Analysis :)

Description from Goodreads:
Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.


Passion was one of those books that I read because I had to to get to the next book in the series. I really liked the first book, despite the boring beginning, and I truly enjoyed the second book, even though there was so much petty arguing that really got too repetitive. So I decided to read this book because I seriously want to read this whole series. I was SO excited to read this book. I think I expected too much. Either way, I have to admit I was disappointed by this book.

The thing about this book was that it was so boring, in my opinion. There were some parts that caught and held my attention, yes, but those were not as often as I would have liked them to be. Another thing about this story was that a lot of it was very scattered. We just kept on getting sent to random places at random times and I couldn't understand why. I mean, yeah, Luce wanted to see "proof" of her and Daniel's love, but that doesn't seem a good enough reason to jump through time repeatedly. For most of this book, I didn't feel like there was a main plot holding everything together. My point here: we had to wait too long for explanations. Being confused or half of the book - more or less - is not the way to hold my attention.

All that said, this book was not COMPLETELY horrible. I did like seeing into some of Luce's past lives and learning about Cam's past. I liked to see Daniel's past self, too, because I DID have some serious doubt as to their "love" until I read this book. Before it seemed very much like lust misconstrued as love. I'm pretty confident in the love now, though. (I just want to point out that even though I was doubtful, I wasn't really questioning the love between Daniel and Luce becasue I thought this concept was sweet and I tend to be an optimist when it comes to these kinds of things.) Also, there were some completely heartfelt moments in here that I loved. Not as much as I'd like, but still, some were there.

Character rundown: Luce. I. Do. Not. Like. Her. At. All. I really really really do not. She just grates on my nerves. So whiny, and ignorant, and DOUBTFUL. I mean, I'm allowed to have doubts about Daniel; it's my job as a reader to do so. But Luce should have been 100% sure of him the whole way through. I don't see any reason for her to really not be. I find it almost amusing how skeptical Luce is about Daniel, and yet she trusted Bill so completely in this book. Grr. Daniel. OH DANIEL. I really like Daniel. I don't know why, but I do. It's probably because of his strong love for Luce. That kind of thing always gets me. Cam - OH CAM. I swear, this book is so incredibly hard for me to pick a team for because Cam is so amazing, yet Daniel just has the feeling that I wish Cam did. Cam never fails to make me laugh, either. Never a bad thing, that.

Lastly, Bill. The whole Bill situation really disappointed me for Luce's sake. How could she be so unintelligent? You'd think she'd have grown some common sense in her brain and not be so quick to take a random being for his word. Plus, I wonder if Luce realizes that a WINK is NOT a yes, or even an answer for that matter. And "sure" isn't exactly a yes either. I knew who Bill was from the moment he showed up, at page 82 or something. I did like Bill, though. He was a good comedic relief in all of Luce's irritating-ness. I'm glad he was in this book, because otherwise, I may have taken FOREVER to read this book.

All in all, I'm just glad I got through this book so I can read the next one when it comes out in June. I'm going to a Lauren Kate book signing, so I needed to get this out of the way. I have high hopes for the next book, though, especially now that we get to see all the characters again. I missed them in this book. Honestly, the only way I even read this book as fast as I did was the motivation to just finish it so I could move on with my life. Well, that and because I don't want to keep Monica's book for TOO long.

Okay . . . yeah, that's it, Friends. Thank you for reading my review, and thank you so much to Monica for letting me borrow Passion! I highly doubt I would have gotten to read it by the time of the signing in June if not for you. Consider your best friend badge extra shiny for today!

Be sure to come by again tomorrow for a wonderful teaser of Redheads are Soulless by heather M White. I read that whole book on Friday night, and LOVED it. I cannot wait to tease you with some sentences from there!

See y'all soon!

♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. I've read the first three books in this series and I agree with you there was some bits I liked and others that just made me want to skip to the end... never the less I kept reading. When Passion came out I was in no rush to buy it or read it because the series hadn't excited me as much.. though I have brought the book now its still in my TBR pile, and after reading all the other reviews like yours it may be a while before I read it =/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!