Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

The Edge of Never

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Release Date: November 13, 2012
Format: ebook, 426 pages
Source: Annie! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Description from Goodreads:
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.

With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?


Warning: It's a New Adult book, so it'll be a little more mature than a YA book. You should know this.


This book was quite literally shoved in my face. I was on Goodreads, saw Annie's review of this and commented on it. Then she told me lots of happy things about this book, thus making me want to read it. She even gifted me the book. THAT'S how amazing this book is. It's good enough someone else might want to buy it for you. But seriously, don't wait for that because you need to read it NOW.

In a perfect world, you would have taken me at my word two seconds ago and bought this book and instead of reading this, would be reading The Edge of Never. But chances are, you're still waiting for me to comvince you. So...I'm going to try. Let me tell you now, though. This book? Is something you have to experience. It's incredibly hard to explain the beauty that is this book.

At first glance, The Edge of Never seems like just another NA contemporary romance. I think you should know this first: IT'S NOT. It is so, so much more. Yes, it is romantic, and there is a main plot about a boy and a girl falling for each other that is so sweet, my stomach is all aflutter right now just thinking about it. But beneath that? This is a story of hope. Of becoming comfortable with yourself. Of ACCEPTING yourself. And...so much more. As I said, I can't describe everything.

Character Rundown:
Camryn: In the beginning of this book, Camryn really doesn't seem like anything special. Just another whiny MC. But as the story progressed, she changed. She formed into a character that not only did I want to read, but one that I didn't want to stop reading. She's kind and caring and feels so much, which is a HUGE change from the way she began. In the end, she was a great character.

Andrew: How in the world am I going to put this guy into words? Remember how Daemon Black was hotness personified? And how Aiden MacRae was the reason the word "sweet" was invented? Well Andrew Parrish? Andrew Parrish is the reason the word PERFECT was invented. He is seriously perfect. Not in the obnoxious way, but in the completely adorable way. He's not perfect in the impossible way, but in the everything-I-could-ask-for kind of way. Andrew...he just has so much heart.

Plot. The premise of this book was intriguing to me. I like that Camryn dropped everything and did what she felt she should. I respect that kind of bravery. And then we met Andrew, and I got more glad for what Camryn did by the second. and GUYS. This book will surprise you. In more ways than you're probably imagining right now. There are curveballs, my friends, and they pop out of nowhere. Seriously, I cried. And went into giggle-fits. And cried somemore. And hyperventilated. And...SO MANY FEELS.

So. Sweet. Camryn and Andrew are such a cute couple, I can't even tell you how precious they are. They make one of my favorite contemp couples of all time. They're one of those couples that acts like a couple long before they officially BECOME a couple, and it was so much fun reading this. I was completely amused. These two are so clearly made for each other. *sigh*

The ending. I can't say anything about this without messing up your experience, but I'm going to tell you this--I cried. A lot.

Overall, this is one of my favorite books of 2012. It's a stunningly beautiful story that resonates so much hope. It also crushed my heart. I just...there are no words. I can't even think of anything else to tell you right now. Words are failing me. Read this book, then come talk to me as you cry and throw things. I will understand.

SERIOUSLY, THIS BOOK IS SO WONDERFULLY AMAZING. I wish I had words.

♥Jessica(:

6 comments:

  1. I loved your review so much I had to comment! How beautiful! Thank you so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's shove-it-in-someone's-face good, I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Andrew. He's sweet but rough. He knows what you need. But i like that internal struggle. He's not your typical bad boy who suddenly changed just because of a girl. Both of them needed each other.

    I never expected to love the book. :) And i love the ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about how seriously awesome this book is, and that I am a dumb dumb if I don't take a chance on it. So I think I might just have to check it out. It has a gorgeous cover, doesn't it? And I haven't read anything "New Adult" yet, so I would like to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to read this book because my friends recomended this and your review is great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! This book has been on my radar for awhile now. Now I need to read this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!