Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Teaser Tuesday! (21) ♥ Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
 
Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
Release Date: November 6, 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
 
Description from Goodreads:
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love and dared to imagine a world free of bloodshed and war.

This is not that world.

Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is—and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it.

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days of Blood & Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life.

While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope.

But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?
 
Teaser: "Maybe he wanted her to have to watch. And maybe it was just base instinct--an alpha urge to destroy a challenger. To destroy Akiva." ~pg. 57
 
Quick statement: I LOVE AKIVA! Okay, we can move on now...
 
As always, link me up! I love teasers!
 
♥Jessica(:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!