Sunday, November 18, 2012

Review: Intangible by J. Meyers

Intangible

Intangible by J. Meyers
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Format: ebook, 264 pages
Series: Intangible #1
Source: Author

Description from Goodreads:
Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.


This book has sat on my Kindle app for a looooooong time. Not because I didn't want to read it, but because I never actually put forth the effort to sit down and read it. But then I read other reviews of this book, and...it looked REALLY good. So I sat down and read it. And it was just as good, if not better than I ever imagined it would be.

There is a lot going on in this book. There are vampires, and elves, and a bunch of other supernatural beings. This is both super cool and hard to keep track of. Mostly cool, though. I love when all kinds are mixed together. It makes everything so much more interesting. This book had it's great parts and it had it's slower parts. The great parts were much more frequent than the not-so-great parts, which is alway a good thing. There was always a good part to look forward to when I reached a point where I was like "o-kay..."

Character Rundown:
Luke: First and foremost, Luke is an amazing brother. I'd love to have a twin like him. On top of being a really good brother, he's just a downright great guy. He's friendly and sweet and a character I was glad to read.

Sera: I'm not too crazy about Sera. I mean, she's okay, but she seemed to perfect for me. Or maybe not too perfect...more like too convenient, if that makes any sense. Either way, she had her okay moments and if I actually knew her in real life we'd be friends, but reading her she was kind of meh. She was better in her interactions with others, though. I really liked that.

Jonas: I LOVE JONAS. This guy is my favorite in the whole book. He has a very balanced personality. He can be absolutely terrible, but only when he has to be. Any other time, he's caring and ncie and just plain awesome.

Marc: You see, Marc was my boy. But he turned out to be a huge disappointment. For the most part, though, he's kind and cool and wonderful. But he disappointed me, and not in the way you're going to suspect. He completely surprised me in what he ended up doing.

The plot. As I said, this story was fast and it was slow. The good parts outweighed the not-as-good parts, but the not-as-good parts WERE still there. And I did not like them. Nevertheless, this story made me happy. I love reading about siblings like this. It's so sweet!

Releationships. Luke & Sera. The cutest brother/sister pair I've read in a while. That is all. Marc & Sera. I loved them as a couple. I really did. Marc was so amazing. Luke & Fey. I don't think they're officially a couple, but they will be. It's kind of obvious. I'm not sure what I think about that. Honestly, the only reason I'd be against it is because I want Luke to focus more on whatever evilness that's going to happen next and keeping Sera safe, and not a girl. Which means I'm just being selfish. He and Fey would no doubt make a sweet couple. Jonas & Sera. These two are not actually a couple. I just thought their interactions were so...so...heartwarming. Jonas is my favorite character and when he was around Sera, he brought out his very best side.

The ending. This is a cliffhanger. And mysterious. That is all you need to know.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and would definitely reccomend it to anyone looking for a really cool paranormal book. Seriously. I would.

♥Jessica(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!