Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday! (16) ♥ Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we tell y'all about the books we cannot wait to get our hands on!
Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey
Expected Publication: June 27, 2013
Publisher: Philomel/Penguin
 
Description from Goodreads:
Ashes on the WavesLiam MacGregor is cursed. Haunted by the wails of fantastical Bean Sidhes and labeled a demon by the villagers of Dòchas, Liam has accepted that things will never get better for him—until a wealthy heiress named Annabel Leighton arrives on the island and Liam’s fate is changed forever.

With Anna, Liam finally finds the happiness he has always been denied; but, the violent, mythical Otherworlders, who inhabit the island and the sea around it, have other plans. They make a wager on the couple’s love, testing its strength through a series of cruel obstacles. But the tragedies draw Liam and Anna even closer. Frustrated, the creatures put the couple through one last trial—and this time it’s not only their love that’s in danger of being destroyed.

Based on Edgar Allan Poe’s chilling poem Annabel Lee, Mary Lindsey creates a frighteningly beautiful gothic novel that glorifies the power of true love.
Why I'm SO EXCITED for this: I'm going to list them, okay?
 
1. I've met Mary Lindsey. I LOVE THAT LADY. She's so nice and I can't wait to see her again!
 
2. I've read Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey. That book? So sweet! So of course I have to read another Mary book.
 
3. "Based on Edgar Allan Poe's chilling poem Annabel Lee" Guess who has an obssession with that poem? Yeah. ME. Seriously. I pick it up and read it aloud to myself all the time because I love it that much. So a whole book based on it? MY KIND OF BOOK RIGHT THERE.
 
4. And this ties in with #3, but oh well--I'm a Poe fan. I really, really am. Ever since we had to read The Tell Tale Heart in 8th grade. He fascinsates me, and his stories are so creepy, but epic at the same time.
 
5. I am spazzing about this book right now. Like, bouncing up and down excited. That's always a good sign.
 
And goodness...June is so far away. I CANNOT WAIT.
 
What are you waiting on this week? Leave me links!!
 
♥Jessica(:

1 comment:

  1. Ashes to the Waves sounds amazing. I'll buy anything that Mary Lindsey writes...she's fabulous. What a great cover!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!